It’s another year and another weekend spent dancing out butts off and enjoying time with friends at Phillips Brewery! We asked Alex Kerr, Marketing Manager of Atomique Productions his advice on how to party professionally this coming weekend.
1. What are your top 5 must see artists this weekend?
I’m going to avoid the obvious must-sees because if you don’t plan on seeing Reggie Watts or The Revolution you’re nuts.
2. Being a Phillips Weekender Pro, what are 3 Pro tips you can share that everyone should know on how to be the best weekender they can be?
1. Wear proper footwear. This ain’t no summertime festival in a grassy field. Lace up your dancing sneakers and leave the flips flops at home to maximize your dancability at #PBW2018.
2. Explore the drink menu. Yeah, The Weekender is known for its (delicious) Phillips beer, but there’s some hidden gems on tap this weekend. Merridale’s Mo’Moro Blood Orange Cider tastes like summer in a glass and rumour has it their Cowichan Vodka will be mixed with a lavender lemonade (I’ll take five plz).
3. Hit up the afterparties. There’s some serious talent lined up for this year’s afterparties, so pace yourself and prepare to go late into the night up at the Capital Ballroom.
3. Summarize what Phillips Backyard Weekender means to you in a Haiku
Ten drink tickets please
Hey these are going down nice
The fuck is my shirt?
– Alex Kerr